Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Um, hi.


Weelllll... I hate to assume that there's anyone still out there that might check back for anything new at this point... but juuuust in case... here I am :)

Things got a little hectic and well, something had to give for a little bit. So. I'm gonna attempt to do a quick summary of the last couple months since my last post mid-June. Here goes!

JUNE: We went to Kentucky for Lee's cousin Sarah's wedding, had a great time with his family, then I did the Iron Girl triathlon which was fantastic... JULY: Lee and I ran the Peachtree Roadrace (10K) with his Uncle Allen, lots of fun... I moved my office at school, now am located in an open cube area which stinks a little... We went to a cabin up in North Georgia with my whole family, had an awesome weekend with them... Went on a weekend beach trip with my sisters to Tybee Island, had such a good time being all sistery... Finalized the class that I TAed for the summer at the end of the month... worked so hard organizing and revamping the projects that I got asked to continue on doing a "Design Fellowship" working with the Sophomore level design class (the one that I TAed) and Senior Design as the Head TA for both classes... so YAY my hard work was appreciated... AUGUST: Lee's Mom and sister, Mallory, brought their cheery little selves down to hang out with us for a weekend, such a good visit... My advisor moved to Penn State to be the head of the Industrial Engineering Department there... now we have a long-distance relationship, I talk to him on the phone or Skype every Thursday... Started working with the new Design classes for this semester, going good so far... Also started my LAST class, called "Probabilistic Models" and officially feel like a responsible human being because I'm really enjoying it so far... Found out I had skin cancer (melanoma)... Went a little bit crazy for a few days... Got my skin cancer cut out, was assured that I have every reason to believe it's all gone... Now I have a nice gash on my back that Lee does an excellent job of doctoring (as long as I don't ask TOO many questions about what he's doing, which is against all that I stand for, so really he does a good job while we bicker a little bit)... Celebrated my Mom's birthday... Went to Calloway Gardens last weekend for a Leadership Development Program retreat, met tons of awesome people in my department and hope to keep up those relationships so that their over-acheiverness rubs off on me, luckily the program involves getting together every month for 7 more months... And that officially brings us up to date. If any elaboration is needed, you just let me know.

This weekend Lee's cousin Kate is getting married in Louisville, so we're traveling up for the weekend to hang out with his family and enjoy the celebration. He actually has to work in Tennessee tomorrow, so I'm riding up with him and will do work somewhere (hopefully some lovely cafe with free internet) while he works, then we'll head on to KY. It should be a great time, I'm looking forward to it... just have to figure out what the heck to wear.

SOOOO I hope this officially means I'm back! Have a great week and enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, something new to look at on the internet! You must continue to blog, even if only for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it!!! Now you the trick is, you have to post again within the next few days!

    ReplyDelete