Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Do you have my perfect sunscreen???


I'm taking a survey... I need some input on a good sunscreen. I need one. ASAP. And I have some specific qualities that I desire in this sunscreen (won't I be sad if it ends up being just me and the crickets here... I have faith in you). Here is what I'm looking for:
  1. I need this sunscreen for daily wear. I would enjoy input for the body or for just the face. But am particularly baffled on the options for the body at this point.
  2. I would love 45+ spf, but 30 will do. There's lots of lotions with 15 out there, but I want something a little more heavy duty, which is surprisingly hard to find (other than sporty or beachy options... which all seem to violate the next item on my list).
  3. My TOP priority request (which seems non-existent from what I can tell) is non-greasy. The key here is to satisfy this in combination with #2. And not just for the bottle to say non-greasy, but for the sunscreen to actually be non-greasy. I have long hair and I am particularly bothered by the ends of my hair becoming greasy from rubbing on my greasy shoulders all day. I feel dirty and look dirty. Gross. So this is a must.
  4. My next preference is for easy application, which in my mind right now is the spray bottle kind. I would really enjoy a spray bottle. But maybe there are other sunscreen technologies out there that I don't know about. This one is negotiable, I'd be willing to put in the extra application effort if the sunscreen is particularly wonderful and non-greasy. And actually -- side note -- the thing I love about the spray bottle is that it doesn't get my hands all greasy. But I don't mind regular lotion on my hands... so really this requirement has the potential to be satisfied through requirement #3: non-greasy.
  5. And last, I'd like for it to not cost a bajillion dollars. I'd prefer not to have to make a special place in the budget for my sunscreen. But, ya know, again, this one could slide a little if it's worth the money.
This is important, so I need to find a solution! Any thoughts?? Please tell me you have the magical answer!! I will drop everything I'm doing and get it that second.

If you don't have the solution to my endless search... I'd still love to hear what sunscreen you use and why you use it. Maybe you've seen some light that I haven't seen yet.

And if you don't wear sunscreen, you can confess that too. It will make me feel better about my years of bad judgment. And maybe I'll question your judgment and tell you to wear sunscreen.

Ready... GO!

5 comments:

  1. Aveeno! Great light-weight, non-greasy lotion w high SPFs. Of course I only use it on my face bc if I used it all over my body I would need to find a 2nd source of income to fund it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BeautiControl has a great SPF 30 for the face. As for the body, I don't know. Aren't there regular lotions with sunscreen in them now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, girl, I know your dermatologist is like a dermatologist on steroids, but while my dermatologist did tell me I have to wear a wide brimmed had and large sunglasses plus sunscreen to recess every day, she said a thick coat of SPF 15 would be sufficient for less than an hour outside, and for more than that I would just have to suck it up and wear sunscreen. But, if you do find something better, please share!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin-
    I also have been told that anything above 15, really isn't above 15...that after that its all the same. I buy NO AD! HAHA, its cheap and it works. But, I am not the best person to take this advice from...
    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all you girlies for your input! Maybe I will try aveeno next... and maybe I'll give a little on the spf. I go back to the dermatologist at the end of November and will definitely ask if she has some specific reason for the higher stuff, and will probably ask for another round of discussion then!

    ReplyDelete