Sunday, May 3, 2009

YACHT rock!

As I mentioned earlier, on Friday night we went to see a band called Yacht Rock Revue. I had caught the end of their show one time when Lee had gone with some friends and I had met up with them. But this was my first full experience and it was FANtastic. SO much fun. They cover all music from late 70's, early 80's, which I probably only know thanks to my super cool parents. But the band is totally in character, 70's suits, shaggy hair, sunglasses, and the dance moves to go with the whole look. And they pull it off fabulously and the crowd LOVES them. We didn't really get pictures that show off the band, but I think the happiness on our faces shows how much fun it was:

Here's a picture of me and Jen where we happened to get the band in the background!


And just a cute picture of me and Lee.

The highlight of the evening for me was when they played Toto's "Africa" or "Rains down in Africa" or whatever it's called. I loved that song already, and apparently so does everyone else. The crowd went crazy. It was really a great time. If anyone is ever in town when they are playing, I'm pretty sure Lee and I could easily be talked into going.

No comments:

Post a Comment