Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter weekend

This weekend started out with Lee's parents coming in to town. They were lucky enough to have tickets to the oh-so-prestigious Masters on Sunday, so they came down early to hang out with us. We went to church on Friday night, which was really nice, then we just hung out on Saturday, walked around our town and went into some of the little shops. Then Lee grilled out some awesome steaks for dinner. It was a really nice day. Except I had a cold the whole time. Which was one of those just nagging congestion/cough nasty deals. I hate to admit that I may have been a little short and irritable at times, but Lee's parents were really nice and sweet about it and let me act all pitiful. They even made a big breakfast Saturday morning while I laid in bed and felt sorry for myself. Parents are pretty good house-guests to have.

Here's a really cute picture of Lee with his parents before church.

They left early Sunday morning to head down to the golf tournament, and Lee was so lucky that the Easter Bunny had come to see him during the night! It's fun to make Lee do cheesy things, he's a good sport. I had to give him some hints to find it, but he put in a good effort. And don't worry, I have a picture of him with it. Again, he's a very good sport.

Then after church the whole family met at my parents house for a big dinner and Easter egg hunt for the kids. My Granny and Papa were also in town this weekend so we got to spend the day with them too, which was really nice to see them (they live in FL). Here's a picture of me with them. They're very precious. If you've never met them, I'd recommend not passing up a chance to.
Then the Easter egg hunt, which I don't even have to tell you was super cute. You can't go wrong with little kids running around the yard with baskets of eggs. Here's a picture of them on the porch with their eyes closed waiting for the "Go!":

So now back to life and Monday tomorrow. I wasn't able to go for my long run this weekend due to my chest congestion (I googled it, illness above the neck you can proceed with workouts with caution, but below the neck is a big no-no), so I am gonna try for it tomorrow morning. The race is in less than 2 weeks! Hopefully tomorrow will go ok even though I had to skip several days last week. Oh! And speaking of races, Lee's little sister Mallory ran a 10-mile race in Louisville on Saturday (I'm pretty sure it was a Papa Johns event) in like 1:22 or something like that, which I think is just above 8 min miles! Crazy! But she's a pro, maybe I can be like her some day :) ... For now, don't be expecting any 8 minute miles out of me. Baby steps.

Happy Easter, and have a lovely week!

3 comments:

  1. This made me smile and laugh out loud! I'm not as homesick for you guys now that I have this to read and to keep in touch through. We had lots of fun together didn't we...and I can't wait to have another occasion to share soon. Lee looks particularly satisfied with his basket full of Easter surprises! I think the Easter Bunny thinks he's pretty cute. HA!

    Love ya'll - mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Returning the message...girl, it's time for a new post!

    ReplyDelete