Thursday, April 2, 2009

Some Jamaica pics

We finally got some pictures from our Jamaica trip from Lee's coworkers. So here are some highlights from what we got:

Here is a view of the beach, you can't really see the exciting part of the resort very well, but you can see a couple of the buildings with just guest rooms. But this is the best picture we were sent of the beach area. There as a volleyball court off to the side there too (you'll have to use your imagination), where we played a few games. And this is where we loaded onto the boat for the infamous snorkeling trip.

These are some coworkers that Lee is buddies with, they're really fun and we hung out with them most of the trip. Scott's on the left and Dale's on the right. They both have new babies (Scott- twin girls; Dale - a boy) so their wives weren't able to come, so I was the lone girl. But they were very welcoming of the new group member.

Here's me and Lee before the dinner where they presented the awards to all the guys. We had to get all cleaned up for it, and it was a really pretty night, so perfect picture opportunity.

And of course the whole reason for the trip, here's Lee getting his award. This is his former boss John presenting the awards. John got promoted when Imaje merged with Markem, so Lee has a new boss (who lives in Chicago). But I'm pretty sure Lee will always be in John's heart.
(Edit for my mother: This trip was actually for the sales guys who reached certain goals last year, but Lee (who is not a sales guy) was a "Presidential Invite" (the only one, mm hmm) because he was a very vital part of a lot of these goals being met)

And oddly enough, John has a friend named Doc with a dog named Einstein and he invented a time machine which John travels in sometimes. 3 times actually until it was destroyed by a train.
(Edit: I was implying that John looks like Michael J. Fox. At least I think he does. But maybe you can't tell in this picture. Whatever, I think I'm funny.)

On a completely unrelated note, I just wanted to share the pistachio/chocolate chip ice cream I made for St. Patrick's day... it was DElicious. And beautiful. And festively green. I sure do love that ice cream maker.

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to Jamaica! Puke on pistachio's, and what's up with your Back to the Future reference. I freely admit I'm a ding-dong, but I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of Lee and his award. He got his natural sales ability from his Daddy that's for sure. Oh, I love pistachio almond chocolate icecream! Yum, Yum!

    ReplyDelete