Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hallelujah!!!

Iiiiiiit's official!! The semester is OVER and I can see those memories coming back of a healthy, balanced Erin who did things like work out and clean her house. And what is the best thing about Christmas break?? CHRISTMAS! And I can now embrace it.

Let me back up a bit before I get to the wonderfulness, and review previous events. It was just a pretty jam-packed semester. I'm sure I had rough semesters in undergrad, but that was back in the days when I lived on campus, so I just walked out my door to get to class or to go to the gym, I had luxuries such as the dining hall and a dorm room, so no cooking or cleaning, and I certainly didn't have bills or many responsibilities. So all I really had to do was school. But now, having a rough semester is only compounded by the general responsibilities that come with the "adult" world, or really, just the constant nagging feeling that I'm neglecting them all. Anyway, back to the rough semester. I can't say I handled it with grace... but I "handled" it. And now it's done. I pulled more all-nighters this semester than I can remember ever pulling. And the recent feat of amazingness that my body survived was the survival of 2 consecutive all-nighters. Not planned, but here's what happened. I stayed up all Monday night to get the ridiculous 20-page Senior Design technical reports graded, with some sort of meaningful comments. At some point during that evening, I realized that my Probabilistic Models final exam that I thought was on Thursday was in fact on Wednesday at 8am. Hence the second all-nighter. But don't worry, I slept 13 hours on Wednesday night, and was officially a sloth all day today. And am soaking in the feelings of a well-earned break.

SO on to the Christmas cheer. And Lee and I have a date to go see "A Christmas Carol" with Jim Carrey on Saturday night. I'm pretty excited. And in honor of my month of working from home, I ordered a bunch of "lounging" clothes online today. Some super comfy looking fleece pants and some hoodies, etc. I can't wait for my month of cozyness. But don't worry, I also plan to resume some sort of working out regimen, so no need to plan an intervention.

I watched So You Think You Can Dance on my DVR today, and it was a tragic loss... Legacy was eliminated :( It was painful. I don't want to talk about it. Also, same episode, Mollee got eliminated. And that was pretty painful as well. She wasn't necessarily one of my favorites, but she looked more sad than anyone I think I've ever seen. You know how when little kids get themselves into a sobbing cry and they cry until they're exhausted (she didn't do that), and then once they're tired they just look tragic and every once in a while they do a couple of quick little inhales because they're not quite done crying? That's what she kept doing, those little breaths of her world being crushed. And her face looked pi-ti-ful. So she made me very sad. Anyway, next week is the finale, so I will be sure to report who the winner is. At this point I really think they are all amazing. There are 6 left, but I would be really happy if it were Kathryn (one of my original favorites), Russell, or Jakob. Russell just seems so precious, like he is probably one of the nicest people on the planet. And Jakob might honestly be the best dancer I've ever seen. He's amazing. Here is a broadway dance he did with Mollee this week:




And also, while I'm on the topic, here is a video of another group of dancers called "The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers" that they had on the show I think last week. You need to watch it, they are amazing, I promise it's worth 3 minutes of your time!




You think if I showed up in a beginner's dance class I would get kicked out?
Have a great weekend!!

1 comment: