Sunday, November 8, 2009

Forever Young

I purchased my first bottle of "age defying" lotion. It's never too early, right? I hope I look like a 17 year old in 4 weeks. But really, I just really hope I don't get a saggy neck.

The GT football team pulled through again this weekend and beat Wake Forest. I wish I was a professional athlete. I always feel so excited for the team when they're running off the field after they win and there are so many people cheering them out, particularly when they run by the student section and hit their hands as they go by. I always think what an amazing feeling that must be, to have so many people desperately stretching out to touch you, especially when you're just an 18-20 year old kid. Wouldn't that be amazing? I wish people would come cheer and jump around while I do research and write papers. I can picture them, desperately climbing over my cubicle wall, just to get a glimpse of the action and maybe touch my hair.

Here's a picture Lee took in the stadium. I like it because you can see Tech Tower in the background...
Football season has been really fun this year so far. Only 2 more home games left... hopefully the streak continues.

Welp, it's Sunday night. Lee and I went for about a 5 mile walk, which lasted almost 2 hrs. I love looking at all the houses and making my list of what I do and don't want in our future dream house. And the weather is perfect right now. Then we went and ate wings. Had to refill the calorie bank. Mmmm what a good finish to the weekend. And tomorrow the week starts allllll over again. It's gonna be a productive one, I can feel it.

4 comments:

  1. I swear, you crack me up. I MUST add you to my links so I don't forget to read your blog. Maybe I'll stop by one day and reach over your cubicle wall to touch your hair, o goddess of research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think the 18 yr old kids are really 40 yr old men who are using the same age-defying lotion you are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you won't have a saggy neck. Look at your mother's firm neckline! Not a sag in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you were a teacher you would have little hands wanting to touch you all day long. I have many, many bear hugs (unwanted sometimes) and lots of offers for back rubs. You just chose the wrong profession!

    ReplyDelete